Welcome explorers, pioneers and escape artists!
We wanderers, ever seeking the lonelier way, begin no day where we have ended another day; and no sunrise finds us where sunset left us.Khalil Gibran (1883-1931), from The Farewell
This is an attempt to bring the love of travel and exploration to tickling your travel bug. Here you can read about experiences and places to visit around Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, and, when we can afford it, further out! This is for locals and for travelers alike, for outdoor-activists and city-lovers, for those too lazy to move and those constantly restless, and most particularly, for those who are afraid to go out on their own.
Wander along throughout Metro Vancouver and read about what the city has to offer. From sights and nooks and crannies, to eateries and cafes, come to know the spirit of the city!
Explore the Outdoors
Escape beyond the business of the city and into the natural outdoors. Read about the temperate rainforest ecoregion of BC and all its trails, summits, lakes and rivers, history and environmental challenges.
Take a step outside of Metro Vancouver, to other parts of the world. Read about different cultures, cuisines, ways of life, and places to see.
- A New Kind of NormalEmbracing a new kind of normal in COVID times. Where to go now we’re all out of lockdown.
- Vancopalypse: Travel to Bella Coola Without Leaving Your Couch (Couch Wanderings 3)The Vancopalypse takes us to the 3rd part of the Couch Wanderings Saga! This time we travel to Bella Coola, BC! #stayathome
- Vancopalypse: Travel to Richmond, BC, Without Leaving Your Couch (Couch Wanderings 2)The Vancopalypse Continues! Wander from your couch and visit parts of Vancouver and area. This time we go to Richmond! #stayathome
- Vancopalypse: Travel to Vancouver Without Leaving Your Couch (Couch Wanderings 1)The Vancopalypse Continues! Wander from your couch and visit parts of Vancouver and area. #stayathome
- Vancopalypse & The MondayA bit about the Vancopalypse and the last semi-allowed day to wander. Read about a Cypress Mountain Lookout, about a grocery store, the Lion’s Gate Bridge, and Brotzeit. 🙂
Tell me when there’s more!